Modern Dental Bridge Options to Replace Missing Teeth
A dental bridge fills the gap left by a missing tooth by anchoring a fake tooth between two adjacent teeth. Traditional bridges involve removing a lot of original structure from the adjacent teeth, which can put them at risk of fracturing. Nowadays, adhesive bridges are more common as they require less removal of the original tooth structure.
If you are considering a dental bridge, get in touch with The Dental Family Beaumaris. One of our Bayside dentists will go over your situation with you and discuss the available options. Rest assured, your dental health is our number one priority, and we’ll arrive at a dental treatment plan that best suits your needs.
Contact us to learn more about how we can help restore your smile and maintain optimal oral health.
The Process of Getting a Dental Bridge at The Dental Family Beaumaris
At our Bayside dental practice, we endeavour to make the entire process as comfortable and straightforward as possible. Here’s what you can expect when you come to us for a dental bridge:
- During the initial consultation, our dentists will assess your oral health to determine if a dental bridge is the right solution for you.
- If a dental bridge is recommended, our dentist will prepare the abutment teeth; the teeth adjacent to the gap where the missing tooth is located. We will ensure that we preserve as much healthy tooth structure as possible while preparing the abutment teeth.
- We will then take impressions of your teeth to create the dental bridge.
- Once the dental bridge is created, you will return to our dental practice for the fitting. Our dentist will make any necessary adjustments to ensure a proper fit and comfortable bite.
- After getting the bridge, you may need to return to our dental practice for follow-up appointments to ensure the bridge is functioning properly, and your oral health is maintained.
We understand that each patient is unique. As such, we strive to tailor our treatment approach to suit individual needs. With proper care and maintenance, your dental bridge can provide a long-lasting solution for missing teeth, giving you a healthy and beautiful smile for years to come.
Helping You Maintain Good Oral Health with Dental Bridges
At The Dental Family Beaumaris, we believe that maintaining good oral hygiene is essential to the success of any dental procedure, including dental bridges. After the dental bridge procedure, it is crucial to establish a solid oral hygiene routine to keep your teeth and gums healthy.
We recommend regular brushing twice a day and daily flossing to remove food debris and prevent the buildup of plaque and tartar. It is especially important to clean under your dental bridges to prevent infection and ensure their longevity. Our dentists can recommend the best cleaning methods for your specific dental bridge, whether it’s using super floss or interdental brushes.
A healthy diet is also essential to maintaining good dental health. Eating a balanced diet with plenty of fruits and vegetables can help prevent tooth decay and gum disease.
Regular dental appointments with our dentists will allow us to monitor your dental health and ensure your dental bridge remains in top condition. We can perform professional cleanings to remove buildup from hard-to-reach areas and provide guidance on proper care for your dental bridge.
If you’ve got questions about a dental bridge, The Dental Family Beaumaris is here to answer them. Just get in touch with a member of our friendly team and we can chat about the array of dental health services we offer in Bayside, Victoria.