Benefits of Dental Implants
The implant is a titanium screw placed into the jaw bone. The bone cells in your jaw attach to these screws, creating a solid union that allows for an implant crown to be connected to it. With proper oral hygiene, the titanium screw should last for decades, while the crown may require occasional maintenance due to wear and tear.
When it comes to durable teeth replacements, dental implants are fast becoming the favourite restorative dental procedure around the globe. Here are just a few of the benefits of dental implants:
- Natural look and feel: The titanium screw implant is designed to work like the natural roots of your teeth, helping support your jawbone and providing a strong foundation for the implant crown. The implant crown can be colour-matched to your existing teeth, providing a seamless and natural appearance to restore your smile.
- Durability: Dental implants offer a durable solution that can last for many years or even a lifetime with proper care. They are a reliable and long-lasting investment in your dental health.
- Easy maintenance: Caring for dental implants is simple and easy. Regular dental check-ups and proper oral hygiene at home are all that you need to keep them in good condition.
- No damage to adjacent teeth: Unlike dental bridges, which require support from adjacent teeth, dental implants don’t place any strain on surrounding teeth. They are a safe option for restoring your smile without causing damage to healthy teeth.
- Convenience: With dental implants, you can regain the function and aesthetics of your teeth, like you never lost the tooth in the first place.
If you’d like to know more about the benefits of teeth implants, contact The Dental Family Beaumaris today.
Are You Eligible for Dental Implants?
Most people can get teeth implants to replace missing teeth, as long as they’re healthy enough to undergo oral surgery and have enough bone in the jaw to support the implant. Healthy gums should also be evident so that infection isn’t a problem.
If you’re considering teeth implants, the best next step would be to get in touch with our Bayside practice. We’ll conduct a thorough examination to assess your candidacy and develop a customised treatment plan that meets your needs. If bone loss is a concern, we may recommend additional procedures to ensure the success of your implantsThe Dental Family Beaumaris can answer your dental care questions and help you decide the best treatment to suit your needs. Our goal is to help our patients achieve and maintain optimal oral health through a range of preventative and restorative dental health services in Bayside, Victoria.